Pslam 100

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

This blog will attempt to reach both those who have experienced Christian bands and artists and those who have not had the opportunity. I want to bring people the full spectrum of music from artists you may or may not of heard of. Even if you listen to some of the popular Christian music stations (like 95.9 The Fish in So. Cal) - you may find some music here that will surprise you (in a good way) and I will of course include the more popular offerings as well.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm with you

The first time I saw and heard Nichole Nordeman sing was at the church Cheryl and I were attending at the time. Nichole was a guest singer. The next time we saw her she was opening for Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith at an arena. Little did we know when we first saw her was that she would become the huge success she is today.

Nichole is a talented song writer as well as a singer and her songs are always thought provoking and inspirational on many levels.

She recently wrote the song "I am with you" - it is based on the scripture Ruth 1:16: But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.”

To read more about the song - check out the interview by Ken Davis.

Here is Nichole talking about "The Story" - where you can find the song "I'm with you."



And here is the song itself - which she performs with Amy Grant ( Two of the most distinctive and beautiful voices in music. It doesn't get much better than this):



No comments:

Post a Comment